Over years slime has been renown as a DIY toy used by children and teenagers and is loved for its features which include: stretching, aesthetics and making satisfying squishy sounds just to mention a few. However it is not limited to 0nly children since it can be also by used by adults as a stress and anxiety reliever since the sounds made by slime is known to make ears tingle and this helps them to sleep.This is known as autonomous sensory meridian response(ASMR). With these admirable features almost everyone would want to have slime thus raising the question ‘How does one make slime?‘
There are a couple of ways in which you can make slime as we will discuss below:
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SLIME USING GLUE
This method allows you to make a ball of slime with a texture almost similar to silly putty and which keeps your hands clean thus is the best choice for kids to play with.However it is not edible hence you should as well be keen with the kids.
It generally takes about 10 minutes to make a ball of slime with the following ingredients:
- 100ml of white glue(preferably PVA white glue)
- 1 /2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda, gel food coloring,
- 1 tsp of cleaning solution which is used for lens and finally glitter which is optional.
Follow the steps given below:
- Squeeze the glue into a 100ml mixing bowl then add bicarbonate of soda and mix
- To the mixture add two drops of your choice of gel food coloring (note that less coloring gives a pastel color and for a brighter color you can add more ) then mix well
- Now add the cleaning solution .Your slime starts to form ,going from stringy to forming a ball
- Once your ball is formed, work it with your hands and after approximately 30 seconds it will change from being sticky to a ball with a silly putty texture and at this point you can add glitter(if desired) and finally store it.
Below is another method of making slime which does not involve use of glue.
MAKING SLIME WITHOUT USING GLUE OR BORAX
This method is suitable for making a fluffy version of slime using very simple and readily available ingredients which include:
- shampoo(suave kids 3-in-1 shampoo)
- shaving cream
A mixing bowl and also a mixing utensil
You only need to follow the following simple steps in order to obtain your fluffy slime:
- Pour shampoo into the bowl depending on the size you want.Preferably start with two tea spoons then you can add more later if you require to make a larger batch.
- Add shaving cream to the bowl (about a ratio of 1:1 with the shampoo) and using a mixing utensil stir the ingredients together until you obtain a mixture of uniform consistency.
- Add salt to your mixture. If you are working with the initial test of tw0 table spoons, you will require one table spoon of salt.
- Mix until the mixture is smooth in texture then freeze for 15 minutes.5. Your slime is now ready for play.
With the above methods you no longer require to buy slime since you can now make it in the comfort of your home.
Here’s a fun video on how to make Fluffy Slime!